- This event has passed.
Action to Win Race and Gender Equity
October 17 @ 10:00 am - 2:00 pm
Watch this short video with some of our most senior and distinguished female and African American faculty who explain the case for diversity and why Rutgers falls short. If you care about winning our race and gender equity demands, do attend at least a portion of our Wednesday, Oct 17th gender and race equity rally and information tabling any time between 10am and 2pm, outside the Douglass Student Center.
Our Union, drawing on reports by faculty from the 1990s to the present, as well as our own research over the last two years, has come up with a robust set of proposals that include:
- hiring and retaining more tenure track (TT) faculty from historically underrepresented groups;
- creating an EOF+6 program so that more Ph.D.s from historically underrepresented groups join the ranks of the faculty;
- adjusting the salary gap between male and female TT and NTT faculty at New Brunswick (we did not find such a discrepancy at Camden or Newark);
- creating a level playing field so that more female faculty can rise to full and distinguished professor;
- recruiting more undergraduate students from underrepresented groups;
- providing childcare facilities for students as well as faculty;
- having a robust family leave program (one semester for male and female faculty, and an additional 6 weeks for the birth mother).
If you care about these issues, as well as others described in our report here, please make a priority of attending any portion of the rally and information tabling on Weds., October 17th, outside Douglass Student center, any time between 10am and 2pm.