- This event has passed.
Newark Contract Rally and Action, November 14th 11:00am – 1:00pm
November 14 @ 11:00 am - 1:00 pm
Join students, staff and AAUP-AFT members at Rutgers-Newark as we spread the word about our fight for fair union contracts! Sign up here for a picketing shift on November 14th!
We’re bargaining to win:
– Pay equity across all Rutgers campuses,
– Guaranteed 5 year funding for all graduate employees,
– Creation of a “Hardship Fund” to support international students faced with visa restrictions, immigration issues, and bureaucratic red tape,
– Protections for international students,
– Race and gender equity in hiring, promotion and retention across all ranks,
– Bridge funds to secure ongoing employment for graduate employees, postdocs and NTT faculty,
– And much, much more. You can find our entire bargaining platform elsewhere on www.EquitySecurityDignity.org.
AAUP-AFT members are organizing similar actions at other campuses across the University, and we’re calling on everyone who can to attend, and to sign up to attend for at least a half hour outside the Paul Robeson Campus Center. More details to follow soon!