- This event has passed.
Sign up for Picket Duty: Strike Pledge
March 25 - April 16
While we are doing everything in our power to avoid a strike, we must get all members signed up to picket duty in the event we are forced to call one. Please take a moment and fill out this electronic strike pledge form.
Strike Pledge Talking Points
- Whether we are forced to go on strike or not, we need every member to sign up for as many shifts of picket duty a week as they can.
- With paper forms, members should fill out the entire “Strike Pledge Card” and leave it with the rep/organizer. Members should keep the “I stand with my colleagues” card for reference, mark the days/times they agreed to, and post a pic. to social media.
- Signing up for picket duty means you’re committing to act collectively with your colleagues publicly to stop business as usual—in particular all teaching and instruction—throughout our strike.
- Rutgers is a vast system, so we aim to maximize our impact with large numbers peacefully picketing lecture halls, busy classroom buildings, and other high-profile spots on campus.
- If you can be a picket captain, please check that box, too. Picket captains are tasked with alerting colleagues of picket updates and strike duties. They are responsible for helping to ensure our members understand the role of a picketer.
- You will be notified ahead of time about the location of your picket duty.
- Members should be asked to take a small poster, “Our working conditions are students’ learning conditions,” and put it up on a door or cubicle to show their solidarity.
- FAQ on strikes in NJ, http://equitysecuritydignity.org/strike-faq/
- What We’re Fighting For, http://equitysecuritydignity.org/our-campaign/